Stock Market PILIPINAS: Empowering the Filipino Investors

Full Version: DMCI Holdings, Inc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BUSINESS PROFILE

DMCI Holdings, Inc. (DMC) was incorporated on March 8, 1995 as a holding company to consolidate all construction business, construction component companies, and related interests of the Consunji Family. It was listed at the Philippine Stock Exchange on December 18, 1995.

In only a few years after incorporation, DMC has expanded its business organization to include four major subsidiaries, namely, D.M. Consunji, Inc., DMCI Project Developers, Inc., Atlantic Gulf and Pacific Company of Manila, Inc., and Semirara Mining Corporation. These subsidiaries are engaged in various businesses, which consist of general construction services, investments, real estate sales and development, heavy fabrication, industrial construction and engineering services, and mining exploration and development.

Other subsidiaries of the Company include DMCI Power Corporation (power generation), and DMCI Mining Corporation (ore and mineral mining and exploration), both wholly owned by DMC. The Company also established DMCI-MPIC Water Company, Inc., a consortium with Metro Pacific Investments Corporation.

Source: SEC Form 17-A (2009)
Hmm. I think DMC starting to form a possible mini inverted head and shoulder pattern. Lets wait and see what will happen.
sana reversal na! ipitski at 41.6 Big Grin

ex-date din pala ngayon.
(06-10-2011, 10:06 AM)epgarias Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I think DMC starting to form a possible mini inverted head and shoulder pattern. Lets wait and see what will happen.
The problem with the inv h&s was it happens on an uptrend so ingat ingat lang though the chief would say it's a continuation pattern ,but to present my case is pls look at rfm when it was trying to break one peso last year , a certain guru drew an inv h&s in an uptrend but did not upto now hit it's tp
but diba in short term downtrend c DMC?? ung galing sa gap downtrend cya? hence mdyo valid ung Head and shoulder if ma complete ung pattern??

or we should follow the major trend which is up??
(06-10-2011, 02:13 PM)vester Wrote: [ -> ]but diba in short term downtrend c DMC?? ung galing sa gap downtrend cya? hence mdyo valid ung Head and shoulder if ma complete ung pattern??

or we should follow the major trend which is up??
nag double top sya bago mag gap dwn target hit na sa double top , i stand corrected sa invH&S nasa downtrend ngayon hindi uptrend kaso it happened in less than a month 3 months ang min for pattern to be valid

ah ok.. tanx arthas..
(06-10-2011, 02:26 PM)arthas.one Wrote: [ -> ]nag double top sya bago mag gap dwn target hit na sa double top , i stand corrected sa invH&S nasa downtrend ngayon hindi uptrend kaso it happened in less than a month 3 months ang min for pattern to be valid

I agree with you boss arthas, that medyo questionable ang pattern base sa duration of the inbound downtrend ni DMC. But i don't agree that the pattern needs min 3 months to be valid. Depende siguro sa timeframe na gamit natin. Lets say your trading the 1H or 30 min timeframe. The 3 month rule will not apply. A good rule of thumb that I am personally using is that the length of the inbound trend should be at least two times the duration of the pattern to be valid.

Anyway, I am just simply amazed by the location of the pattern. It is found near a major support areas. Tapos lapit na rin sa kanya major up trendline. Tapos pag nakataon na naging valid ang pattern tamang2x na approximately ma fill up ang gap. Could it be na nagbottom na si DMC in the short term perspective. Anyway, lets wait and see what will happen. It may or may not fail.

Para may graphics tayo share ko lang ito:
[Image: DMC-2.png]

Sample lang pala yun dotted line ng breakout point.

P.S. My major concern right now is condition of the market. Particularly the sentiment of the US market which is somewhat affecting also the sentiment over our local market.

tnx for your input , though i am not clear of that ratio that you pointed out,hope we can meet in the near future so that i can learn about , anyway assume that there was a breakout from that inv h&s and fill the gaps it will still come out wanting because it is still short of the convincing breakout needed para basagin yung uptrend green line mo , it will still become a failed return move on that particular uptrend line imoBig GrinBig Grin
(06-10-2011, 11:24 PM)arthas.one Wrote: [ -> ]tnx for your input , though i am not clear of that ratio that you pointed out,hope we can meet in the near future so that i can learn about , anyway assume that there was a breakout from that inv h&s and fill the gaps it will still come out wanting because it is still short of the convincing breakout needed para basagin yung uptrend green line mo , it will still become a failed return move on that particular uptrend line imoBig GrinBig Grin

Tama ka boss arthas, and that is one of the points I am also anticipating. Upon breaking of a trendline a stock may usually pullback towards that trendline or atleast to the breakout point before resuming its intended direction. Big Grin

Pero take note lang natin that this are simply probabilities. The market may do silly things that we never anticipated. hehe