Stock Market PILIPINAS: Empowering the Filipino Investors

Full Version: Do you use The ADX Indicator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I did a little research sa net and here are some information I got;

> This indicator measures strong or weak trends. This can be either a strong uptrend or a strong downtrend. It does not tell you if the trend is up or down, it just tells you how strong the current trend is!

ADX Indicator Scale

> If ADX is between 0 and 25 then the stock is in a trading range. It is likely just chopping around sideways. Avoid these weak, stocks!
> Once ADX gets above 25 then you will begin to see the beginning of a trend. Big moves (up or down) tend to happen when ADX is right around this number.
> When the ADX indicator gets above 30 then you are staring at a stock that is in a strong trend! These are the stocks that you want to be trading!
> You won't see very many stocks with the ADX above 50. Once it gets that high, you start to see trends coming to an end and trading ranges developing again.

So what is the ADX indicator good for?

> This indicator is best used for screening stocks and writing scans. By adding this indicator to your scanning software, you can eliminate all of the stocks that are in trading ranges. You can then set up your scan to find only those stocks that are in strong up trends or strong down trends.
> The ADX indicator does not give buy or sell signals. It does, however, give you some perspective on where the stock is in the trend. Low readings and you have a trading range or the beginning of a trend. Extremely high readings tell you that the trend will likely come to an end.

================

I haven't use this yet so baka I'll try it as added indicator sa charting software ko.

Glenchuy and Gbk, i believe you use this... Additional information and some chart samples will be highly appreciated. Smile Btw, tama ba yung ADX indicator scale mentioned above? Ano scale gamit nyo?

Thanks in advance SMP Smile

additional question, sa charting tool nyo, ano gamit na period sa ADX?

Post ako sample later sa usage ng ADX and ADX DMI. = )
I used this indicator before. Ok siya pero ang ayaw ko lang nito is lagging siya. Nahuhuli in determining price turns. The DMI is also sometimes misleading to me.
isa sa nabasa ko sabi...

When this indicator is showing a low reading then a trading range is likely to develop. Avoid stocks with low readings! You want to be in stocks that have high readings.

This indicator stands for Average Directional Index. On some charting packages there are two other lines on the chart, +DI and -DI (the DI part stands for Directional Indicator). Ignore these lines. Trying to trade according to these two lines is a great way to lose money!

The only thing that we are concerned with is the ADX itself.

http://www.swing-trade-stocks.com/ADX-indicator.html
uy meron pala nito dito. gamit ko rin ADX. it's one of the indicators i use (MA, RSI, Chaikin, STO, Momentum, OSCV, ADX, MACD)

i use ADX to track trends. the trend is your friend diba. kaya lang, hindi naman porket walang strong up/down trend ay hindi na pwedeng i trade. kung uptrend ang ADX, gamit ko moving averages since oscillators malamang overbought lagi lalo na kung malakas ang uptrend. kung downtrend naman ang ADX, gamit ko oscillators to pick up good entry/exit points.
sir glenchuy,

ano gamit mong time frame sa ADX?

RSI and ADX 14. chaikin 5,15. oscv 9,18

MA depende sa stock kung saan sya sumasayaw. usually 5, 30, 65, 130 (minsan 15,30)
(09-21-2011, 01:50 PM)glenchuy Wrote: [ -> ]....kung downtrend naman ang ADX, gamit ko oscillators to pick up good entry/exit points.

sir glen, newbie question, anu un oscillators na gamit mo?
(08-13-2011, 12:37 AM)chu Wrote: [ -> ]isa sa nabasa ko sabi...

When this indicator is showing a low reading then a trading range is likely to develop. Avoid stocks with low readings! You want to be in stocks that have high readings.

This indicator stands for Average Directional Index. On some charting packages there are two other lines on the chart, +DI and -DI (the DI part stands for Directional Indicator). Ignore these lines. Trying to trade according to these two lines is a great way to lose money!

The only thing that we are concerned with is the ADX itself.

http://www.swing-trade-stocks.com/ADX-indicator.html

Ok yang site na yan diyan ako natuto mag swing hehehe. Yung +DI and -DI puwedeng tulong in conjunction with other indicators halimbawa, Parabolic SAR nag indicate ng stop pero naka buy signal pa din yung +DI at -DI, hindi mo susundin yung SAR kasi puwedeng whipsaw lang yun. But then hindi ko pa naggamit yan so I don't know hehe. Nabasa ko lang din. Parang MA crossover method lang din siguro, iwas whipsaw.