Stock Market PILIPINAS: Empowering the Filipino Investors

Full Version: Finding Bottoms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there great people of SMP!

In terms of technicals, is there a way of finding out the "bottomed out" portion of a certain price movement?

Thanks! Blush
based sa one month ko na experience, kelangan mangyari muna ang bottom bago mo makita. you can guess where it might bottom from the previous data (finding the previous support) pero hinde mo ata talga pwede masabi kung bottom na cya till umakyat Smile
eto po from Onerockstar Smile

(05-25-2012, 09:39 PM)Onerockstar Wrote: [ -> ]AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS I BEEN IN THE STOCK MARKET, I REALIZED THAT MOST OF THE TIME I BUY STOCKS, I'M ALWAYS IN A HURRY. IT SEEMS THAT IF I DONT BUY IT NOW THE STOCK MARKET WILL CLOSE FOREVER. I ENDED UP HAVING BOUGHT A HIGH PRICE MOST OF THE TIME, SO I NEED TO WAIT FOR A LONG TIME EVEN IT SUITED MYSELF AND THE NATURE OF MY WORK UNTIL SUCH TIME THE PRICE IS RIPE FOR ME TO SELL. LATER ON, I TRIED MY BEST TO LEARN TO HOW TO WAIT AND BE PATIENT AND I'M GLAD TO INFORM EVERYONE THAT IT MAY NOT BE THE LOWEST PRICE I CAN GET (BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHERE THE BOTTOM IS, NOBODY!) BUT IT HELPED ME TO ARRIVED IN A CONCLUSION THAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORST IF I BOUGHT EARLIER. SO TAMA ANG SABI NG NAKARARAMI AND I LEARNED MY LESSONS WELL THAT PATIENCE IS THE KEY PATI NARIN SA PAGBILI. winking
right on!
(05-23-2012, 03:11 PM)TheGame Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there great people of SMP!

In terms of technicals, is there a way of finding out the "bottomed out" portion of a certain price movement?

Thanks! Blush

wala. pero you can use a lot of indicators/oscillators to determine if the price is already oversold. e.g. RSI, STO (fast, slow, avg), WILLIAMS.

however, when a stock has reached the oversold condition, it does not mean that the price will NOT go any lower. it just means that it as a higher probability of doing a reversal/technical rebound.

tanchahan talaga yan, based on many other factors like bid/ask, chart patterns, candlestick patterns -

anybody who tells you in advance that they are 100% sure that a stock/market has bottomed out is lying.
Merun way... Look for par.

Seriously, check the daily percentage change price versus percentage change volume, comparing sa trend... When the slope equals or is zero... Thats your signal its bottom and vice versa ceiling. It means the market forces has perfectly squared.

:-)
first of all, open your charting tool. but before that, you must be educated in trends and patterns. (basic.. harmoics and fibonacci is advanced) Wink

the trend is your friend. In an uptrend, once the price touches the support line, there is a possibility that it will bounce back. The same happens in the context of a down trend.

look also for double bottoms. This pattern has a high probability of achieving a price reversal. Please dont hesitate to look sometimes in a long term point of view. By study, the stock market is generally bullish. Big Grin
nobody can tell where the exact bottom price is. be patient and look for signs, patterns, indicators on where the trend would go. will it continue to go down or will it reverse ? only the chart can tell you that.

the only assurance you can have is to have a cut loss in any case something goes wrong