Stock Market PILIPINAS: Empowering the Filipino Investors
How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - Printable Version

+- Stock Market PILIPINAS: Empowering the Filipino Investors (http://stockmarketpilipinas.com)
+-- Forum: Market Forum (http://stockmarketpilipinas.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Market Education (http://stockmarketpilipinas.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS (/thread-1354.html)

How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - anjcabs - 01-10-2014

Hello everyone.

I'm currently digesting a financial analysis of a cooperative. And the company's problem is lot of CASH!

Can you suggest me solutions to the problem so can I have ideas.

Sana yung currently na inaapply na solutions sa corporate world.

THANK YOU!

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - Ollie - 01-10-2014

...the company is a cooperative that has lots of cash?

...invest, or loan portions of it for profit Smile

...expand the cooperative

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - anjcabs - 01-10-2014

(01-10-2014, 01:42 PM)Ollie Wrote: ...the company is a cooperative that has lots of cash?

...invest, or loan portions of it for profit Smile

...expand the cooperative

Hello Ma'am Ollie thanks for the reply Smile

Yes the cooperative has a lot of idle cash. They don't maximize it well.

Invest? Where? Long term or Short? What is the best investment now that can give me best returns?

Last question, what should I do to expand?

Sorry for my questions hehehe mejo nangangapa pa po eh..

Thank you!!

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - Ninjatrader919 - 01-11-2014

Sis anjcabs,

This is a very good question and a very good problem. While some companies are working on a very tight cashflow, your case is the opposite.

Before I give you my suggestions, please provide more information:

1. What type of cooperative are you referring to? Credit cooperative? Consumers cooperative? Producers cooperative? Marketing cooperative?

2. What do you mean by lots of cash. Please give a ballpark figure. P20 Million? P50 Million?

3. Based on my understanding these are idle funds, based on a budget that was prepared.

How long are the funds going to be idle? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

4. How many members does the cooperative have?

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - anjcabs - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 04:29 PM)Ninjatrader919 Wrote: Sis anjcabs,

This is a very good question and a very good problem. While some companies are working on a very tight cashflow, your case is the opposite.

Before I give you my suggestions, please provide more information:

1. What type of cooperative are you referring to? Credit cooperative? Consumers cooperative? Producers cooperative? Marketing cooperative?

2. What do you mean by lots of cash. Please give a ballpark figure. P20 Million? P50 Million?

3. Based on my understanding these are idle funds, based on a budget that was prepared.

How long are the funds going to be idle? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year?

4. How many members does the cooperative have?

Hello sis,

1. Credit Cooperative

2. In year
2008 - 22204015
2009 - 31672303
2010 - 45250473
2011 - 57459837.70
2012 - 66724983.41

3. as far as i know, the cash remains idle as long as there is no need for the coop to use it. i still dont have the exact information about this.

4. approximately 3000 members.

thank you sIS. I really dont know any professional to whom i could seek help/ thankyou and godbless

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - Ninjatrader919 - 01-12-2014

Sis anjcabs,

First off just call me Bro, I am not a Sis. Thanks for your reply. This case study looks interesting and it might take me several pages of this thread to discuss this with you.

I would be glad to help and guide you in your thesis. Please send me an email at:

The Responsible Trader
ninjatrader919@gmail.com

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - anjcabs - 01-12-2014

(01-12-2014, 07:11 AM)Ninjatrader919 Wrote: Sis anjcabs,

First off just call me Bro, I am not a Sis. Thanks for your reply. This case study looks interesting and it might take me several pages of this thread to discuss this with you.

I would be glad to help and guide you in your thesis. Please send me an email at:

The Responsible Trader
ninjatrader919@gmail.com

Hehehe thank you sir. will get in touch with you.

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - kewlice33 - 12-29-2014

I'm also curious with this case study. Care to share some ideas?

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - Bloodworker - 07-19-2019

I bet every company in the world wish to have your problems however I am not that sure still, but I can propose to you something like write about how to invest it in some fixed deposits at least for companies. Each bank have such products.

RE: How to maximize idle cash? STUDENT INQUIRY FOR HER THESIS - Pureblade - 11-02-2019

First, ask your brokerage firm about the mutual funds or cash-management accounts it offers with the highest yields that can be used as collateral for the sale of cash-secured puts. (Many firms automatically put clients in cash-management accounts that pay the least amount of money.)

Once that critical detail is handled, you can identify stable stocks with solid dividends and attractive options premiums that you would like to own. You want to get paid for the risk of selling puts, which increase in value when the underlying stock price declines. A good starter list of potential stocks includes Amazon.com (ticker: AMZN), Apple (AAPL), BlackRock (BLK), Microsoft (MSFT), and AT&T (T).

Next, focus on puts with strike prices that are 5% to 10% below the stock price. Some investors like selling puts that expire in three to six months to maximize their money received. Others like to focus on puts that expire in a week to maximize the impact of “time decay.” This simply means that as each day passes, the options contract loses more of its value.