Anyone here attending COL's MKT Briefing on Aug 1?

Hi,

I noticed that majority of posters here have a COL account.

Anyone here attending the 2011 COL Mid-Year Market Briefing: "Second Half is Looking Better" on Monday August 1, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM?

I like that title... "Second Half is Looking Better" Big Grin
for the juice and sandwich and chips... hehe

Good to attend this one. They might offer COL pro for minimum of P1M, instead of the usual P5M, like last time.
(07-28-2011, 05:19 PM)gbk Wrote: for the juice and sandwich and chips... hehe

Good to attend this one. They might offer COL pro for minimum of P1M, instead of the usual P5M, like last time.

They specifically said in the invite that the venue do not allow food and drinks inside. I take it its their way of saying kumain muna kayo bago pumunta sa meeting! Hehe... Sana nga may chips and drinks man lang...hehe

Whats a COL PRO, and why would we want to Be in it? Smile
up ko lang..

no one seems to be going here?

(gbk, are you going? ) Smile

I might go since i have nothing better to do tonight.

For added experience na rin Smile

pero sayang mukhang wala yatang free food.. hehe

May food yan. Lang mintis. hehe walang kamatayan na egg sandwich and juice. Kung di lang ulan ngayon, pupunta ako e. HAssle kasi biyahe.
Observation ko lang, sa States nagmemeting sina Obama, senators,tubig at kape lang makikita mo. Sa atin, senate hearing kumakain lahat parang fiesta haha! Mahilig talaga tayo kumain!
The World is a Vampire . . .
(08-01-2011, 03:54 PM)gbk Wrote: May food yan. Lang mintis. hehe walang kamatayan na egg sandwich and juice. Kung di lang ulan ngayon, pupunta ako e. HAssle kasi biyahe.

Went last night kahit umuulan.. (mukhang ako lang yata na taga SMP na pumunta a... hehe) I Know i could just read their reports online today so if you think about it, no real reason to go since all info/tips/analysis/power point graphs and charts will be available online. Pumunta lang ako first time kasi para feeling investor talaga.... haha

Lots of people were late because of the rain. The venue was big (Meralco Theater) and they almost filled it.. marami ring nag-attend (I was surprised actually of the number of attendees).

Sabi ng Chairman of Citisec, this (Meralco Theater) might be their permanent venue na daw.. and who knows in 10 years daw baka sa ULTRA na... hehe

And gbk... sorry to dissapoint you (actually ako ang na dissapoint.. hehe) NO FOOD talaga.. as i said before, yung email nila specifically stated

IMPORTANT REMINDER: The market briefing will be held in a new venue at the Meralco Theater and food and drinks are not permitted inside the auditorium.

so advanced warning na na walang pakain... wala nga.. hehe tapos gagawin pang permanent venue..

When i think about it, aba, malaki natipid nila sa food and drinks (we must be 1 thousand people there). I wouldnt be surprised if they purposedly chose the new venue with their "strict rules" para may excuse na "sorry, no food and drinks allowed"... hehe Wink Out of curiosity, where was the old venues located?

In any case, its an experience for me. Not sure if i will attend future meetings.. we'll see... hehe

also, no mention was made about yung sinasabi mong offer for COL PRO for attendees (unless they did it earlier, i was a about 10 mins late)

(08-02-2011, 11:04 AM)StockJunkie Wrote: Observation ko lang, sa States nagmemeting sina Obama, senators,tubig at kape lang makikita mo. Sa atin, senate hearing kumakain lahat parang fiesta haha! Mahilig talaga tayo kumain!

OT na to... (ok lang ako naman ang TS e.. haha)

Someone should check the FOOD BILL/ CATERER of the Senate and see how much they spent for FOOD in the LAST 10 YEARS... baka umabot na rin yan ng 1 BILLION pesos... hehe. Also, wanna bet na their caterer, concessioners etc have ties and links to some senator or another? Nakakainis kasi kung mag senate inquiry sila, akala mo sila ang linis linis.. haaay

As for meetings in Washington DC.. I read somewhere before that reporters figured out when there is a looming crisis in Washington. They monitor Pizza Deliveries nearby. If nag spike bigla deliveries in the middle of the night sa mga Govt building, that means a crisis is brewing and pinaglalamayan nila.... galing... hehe Big Grin

yung dating venue nila sa mismong pse ortigas building.. ang alam ko nga may food at drinks sila doon. siguro small group kasi. sa case mo ngayon ang dami ninyo eh kaya siguro sa ibang venue ginawa para maaccomodate yung mga tao. And dina nagprovide sila ng food at drinks kasi ang dami ng attendies hehe Big Grin

Hindi waste of time yung mga COL market briefings ... makita ko lang si April, ok na hahaha!
The World is a Vampire . . .