Puregold Price Club, Inc.
BUSINESS PROFILE

Puregold Price Club, Inc. (PGOLD) was incorporated on September 8, 1998, as a company engaged in the business of buying, selling, distributing, and marketing wholesale or retail goods and commodities. The Company was involved in two mergers since 2006. On February 3, 2006, PGOLD merged with Suremart Incorporated. The second merger on the other hand, was on March 27, 2008 between four companies, namely, Puregold Price Club - Paranaque, Inc., Puregold Price Club - Valenzuela, Inc., Puregold Price Club - Tayuman, Inc., and Puregold Price Club - Dau, Inc., with PGOLD as the surviving entity.

The Company conducts its operations through three retail formats and store brands. Hypermarkets, through "Puregold Price Club", offers a wide variety of general merchandise and a full-service supermarket with wholesale. Supermarkets, through "Puregold Junior", operates as a neighborhood store which offers targeted consumer items and a limited variety of general merchandise. Lastly, discounters are operated through "Puregold Extra", which offers a limited number of goods, comprising of the Company's top-selling stock-keeping units, that are intended to be sold quickly at prices lower than Puregold Price Club or Puregold Junior.

As of July 22, 2011, Puregold has one wholly-owned subsidiary, Puregold Junior Supermarket, Inc., and operates 46 hypermarkets, 19 supermarkets, and seven discounters.

Source: Company Prospectus (2011)

Attached Files Image(s)

the key to trading success is to focus on how much money is at risk, not how much money you can make.

trading is simple, but it's not easy. if you want to stay in the business, leave hope at the door, focus on specific setups, and stick to your stops.
Puregold sets IPO price at P12.50-P16.50/share
By Zinnia B. Dela Peña (The Philippine Star) Updated September 10, 2011 12:00 AM

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?pub...eId=725527
the key to trading success is to focus on how much money is at risk, not how much money you can make.

trading is simple, but it's not easy. if you want to stay in the business, leave hope at the door, focus on specific setups, and stick to your stops.
Posted on September 09, 2011 07:21:26 PM
Puregold bares price range for IPO

SUPERMARKET CHAIN Puregold Price Club, Inc. has narrowed down the price range for its planned initial public offering to P12.50 to P16.50 per share as it kicked off a roadshow on Friday to drum up investor interest.

http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?...O&id=38041

Sino po may planong magparticipate sa IPO?
Guys, 3 years pa lang kasi ako sa Metro Manila and walang Puregold sa amin, so pardon my lack of knowledge on this company. Ano differentiation ng Puregold sa SM Hypermarkts, waltermarts, shopwise and other similar supermarket chains? thanks.
sir GBK. if i may again answer your question. Puregold, parang SM Hypermarket. meron din syan smaller stores Puregold Jr. ang tawag - parang SM Savemore. the items are cheaper than SM Hyper/Savemore and the foot traffic is quite good. Anong difference nya? Well, si tito lucio ay umm... err... matagal ng kilala ng dad ko at alam kong uh... hehe. madami syang iniimport. hihi.

kung price ng supermarkets ang pagbabasehan. based on a basic basket of the following items.

:1kg of rice, 1 pack of lucky me pancit canton, 1 small bar of safeguard soap, 1 can of san mig light, 1 can of coke, and 1 can of spam. eto ang verdict. from cheapest to most expensive. (yep, i checked!!)

cash and carry, robinson's supermarket, metro gaisano, shopwise, puregold, sm hypermarket, rustan's

*excluding S&R

puregold however, is one of the first (if not the first) supermarket chains to start using LED lighting in their supermarkets instead of the conventional t3 (fluorescent bulbs), significantly lowering the operational cost.

they have their own rotisserie chicken - the name which i most recently forgot. which tastes decent, but definitely better than the tasteless crap they serve at shopwise. sm's rotisserie chicken is surprisingly good.

if my memory serves me right, they're using the IPO money to complete their plans of 100 branches for the year. again, from memory, i think they currently have 70+ branches (please correct me if i'm wrong, i might have my figures all tangled up) so that would mean an expansion of around 20+ branches or around 30%.
buy high, sell higher!

stock market abbreviations (for newbies)
http://www.stockmarketpilipinas.com/post...g#pid11738

"when it comes to trading, i'm just barely smart enough to realize that i'm a total idiot. i might be considered stupid, but on the intelligence scale, it puts me comfortably ahead of all the dumber people who thinks they're better than me."

(09-10-2011, 09:08 PM)longtermsec Wrote: Sino po may planong magparticipate sa IPO?

nung una, at 18, i will pass. at 16, i will pass. pag isipan ang 12.50. para sa akin, mataas pa rin yan.

buy high, sell higher!

stock market abbreviations (for newbies)
http://www.stockmarketpilipinas.com/post...g#pid11738

"when it comes to trading, i'm just barely smart enough to realize that i'm a total idiot. i might be considered stupid, but on the intelligence scale, it puts me comfortably ahead of all the dumber people who thinks they're better than me."

Definitely not for me!
The World is a Vampire . . .
ako. kasi meron syang captured market. the sari sari store. shopwise and other membership stores are deceiving because their prices is exclusive of tax. at the counter, they'll add the tax and you actually end up paying more. mas maganda din locations of puregold branches as compared with SM hypermart na kailangan puntahan. usually, exits/entrances/inside big subdivisions ang puregold. parang big sari sari store. bike or lakad lang. yup, wala yata puregold sa ibang province. talo ng gaisanos and other big grocers.

although meats or frozen cuts are lesser quality. they got this habit of freezing the meat because there's no volume buyer.. minsan nakikita ko sila kina cut nalang yung inaamag na meats. hahaha. the rest like canned goods and vegetables have lower prices.

hypermart concept neighborhood locations.

pero at 20% gain, labas nako. i still remember Uniwide. Smile they got so ambitious that they forgot their core products (grocers). nag mall sila... talo ng SM.

retail industry ako galing. IF they stick to their core products (grocers), they'll continue profitting.

Ang aggressive nitong company na ito lately. Todo pa ang ads nila sa Eat bulaga. Dun sa province namin, bumibili rin syang supermarkets at cinoconvert into Puregold.

Parang mas maka-masa ang dating ng puregold kesa SM. at sila ang main sponsor sa EB's Juan for all if Im not mistaken? mas lalong napapalapit ang masa sa kanila.

PD: pass ako sa IPO