Capital Raising for the Stock Market
I'm curious to know how the SMP people gained the capital to play the stock market. Personally, mine's pretty straight forward. Half was from a previous job and the other half a family loan.

Floating questions for this thread.

1. Anyone ever resorted to borrowing from a bank or any other loan-giving body that asks for interest?

2. Sold a house, car or other forms of property for the stock market?

3. How long did it take you guys to raise your minimum amount of capital?

4. For the high rollers out there who started out with 1 million php above in playing money, how did you get that big an amount in lump sum?
...gift from dad

uy yaman ni Comm!

TBA!

(Trader by Affinity!)
Sana kumita naman ako today...
...huy seryosohin nyo sagut hehe ...

...well actually, from own savings from job, then partly from dad's stocks na din which was "lent" Big Grin I am no longer returning them...

...stock trading is hard, I am still at a loss mind you, I won't elaborate na lang further...

hehehe..ige seryus na nga!

ako gusto ko lang itry so nagset-aside ako ng pang minimum sa COL from my gratuity pay.

i have to agree with Com
Comm Wrote:...stock trading is hard, I am still at a loss
ako talaga at a loss pa din, money wise. hahahahahaha!
Sana kumita naman ako today...
Bought my first stock back in college. Just the though of owning a company albeit a small part gave me a kick!

Seriously traded after I bought my companies IPO and won big time.

Started with 130K pesos.

as of yesterday I'm up 24% YTD (just to let the great feeling out. Nobody knows I trade the market haha!)
The World is a Vampire . . .
Congrats StockJunkie. Big Grin Must be a great feeling being a winner when everyone else is still reeling from the recent dip.

Does anyone here get their stock market money from a business? Like how Warren Buffet gets money from his cash-rich businesses and invests it back to the market.
(10-21-2011, 07:03 PM)RamblingMan Wrote: Does anyone here get their stock market money from a business? Like how Warren Buffet gets money from his cash-rich businesses and invests it back to the market.

sort of, I guess you could say something like it, I'm able to play in the stock market from dividends derived from non-listed companies.
I'm not playing by the millions though.
Trading Bias: Long term with some swinging
PD for Long Term: MPI, ALI, BDO and mining
(10-22-2011, 01:05 AM)traderWannabe Wrote:
(10-21-2011, 07:03 PM)RamblingMan Wrote: Does anyone here get their stock market money from a business? Like how Warren Buffet gets money from his cash-rich businesses and invests it back to the market.

sort of, I guess you could say something like it, I'm able to play in the stock market from dividends derived from non-listed companies.
I'm not playing by the millions though.

Interesting. Maybe you can share to others in a new thread how you were able to purchase shares of private companies. I know I would be very interested. Smile
(10-22-2011, 02:56 AM)RamblingMan Wrote: Interesting. Maybe you can share to others in a new thread how you were able to purchase shares of private companies. I know I would be very interested. Smile

I dont think a thread would be necessary hahaha, but not to burst your bubble though, I'm not investing in large private corporations, mostly just SMEs that are making money. mostly from Cooperatives, which actually give decent 10%++ returns per annum.

for those not in the know, cooperatives are just a group of people who pool their funds together to form an entity for different business ventures. Loans, food business, taxi fleets and the like. Unfortunately, not all cooperatives are also open to the general public. for example, a teachers cooperative would probably be open only to school staff. But i think there are some that are open to the public. but even then, you might have a relative who is in on something and just course your shares through her.

Trading Bias: Long term with some swinging
PD for Long Term: MPI, ALI, BDO and mining