Advice for a total Newbie in investing
Wink 
Big Grin Good Day SMP

I just started my interest in the stock market a few months ago and medyo naeenganyo ako mag invest.

Here is my situation
1. I really WANT to be an Long term INVESTOR... so i am planning mag COST AVERAGING METHOD for 10 years or more
2. My budget is not that big i can only start really small around 1500 per month
3. I opened an account for BPI trade because i can't afford COL for a start of 5000
4. I want to start early as possible for my age of 24
5. My planned Stocks to buy for Cost Average is as follows: GMA7, FPH, EURO, SMC, UBP

here is my question:
IS it advisable for me to even start investing?
is My Plan of COst averaging is attainable and profitable?
What's your opinion about BPITRADE?
and is my choises of stocks good enough

Thanks for the time and hoping to be with you for a loooooooooong time

STARTING INVESTING FOR MY FUTURE...
"The greatest risk of all... is not taking at all"
Slowly but surely... time will come ill be appreciated... -Stocks in Cost averaging

...sige lang bos erds, ipapasagut natin yan tanong mo...wait lang pag medyo hindi na busy, nice question yan...basa basa ka muna ng iba para may matutunan ka pa

im newbie too.
best suggestion is study muna(attend seminars) bago sabak.
attend seminars kung kaya- lesser time it will take to learn than self study.
technical or fundamental.
your choice.
Thank you boss olie... i am just waiting for my BPI trade account

Slowly but surely... time will come ill be appreciated... -Stocks in Cost averaging

NO time for seminars i have a day Job as a company nurse... alam nyo namn ang hirap ng nurse ngayon, swerte na nga ako may trabaho kesa sa wala, i am just expanding my money's worth. Ayoko narin kasi mag abroad, not like other nurses

Hello erdz518.

My suggestion for your situation is to open an easy investment program sa citiseconline. The reason for that is mas madali kasi ma keep track yong performance ng portfolio mo coz their EIP system was based on cost averaging technique. Check mo nalang FAQ link sa website nila regarding their EIP program.

Regarding naman about which company to buy. Ma suggest ko is try to subscribe sa truly rich club ni bro bo sanchez. Since bawal magpost ng links dito, check mo nalang iyong link na nasa site ko below. Monthly may newsletter siya pinapadala kung ano best company to buy. May buy below price siya at target price na rin for cost averaging. This way wala kana hassle to study or attend any seminar.

Hope that helps.
My own personal blog:
Stocks: PhilStockAnalysis
Forex: PAWaver

Follow me in facebook. Here is the link.

by the way, it is best to invest at an early age. I highly encourage you to do so for your future. Cost averaging is a proven technique for investors. Highly effective ito for you.

May free ebook pala sa site ni bro bo regarding his maids investing in the stock market. Very nice ebook for you to read.
My own personal blog:
Stocks: PhilStockAnalysis
Forex: PAWaver

Follow me in facebook. Here is the link.

Wala akong 5000 kagad eh im jst starting small, in order for me to get that 5000 is to wait for 3 months to save,

So i decided to do cost avaraging myself and choosing companies that are not that expensive but has great reputation

hello po mga sir.. makikiride lang ako sa thread ni sir erds.. newbie rin ako and i got a couple of questions para sa mga masters natin dito..

ideally, how long do you hold your blue chip stocks? let's say na-meet nyo na yung target price nyo, do you sell right away and then just wait again for another entry? or when you say long term investment, you really have to wait for at least 5 -10 years before selling? Currently, I have the following:
MPI (@3.05)
ALI (@15.96)
FPH (@54.6)
CEB (@75)
SMC (@112.5)
DGTL (@1.58)

ok po ba ang protfolio ko? Do you price target for these stocks in case you're holding any of them? Small time lang investor lang po ako and eventually gusto ko rin sana ma-try magtrade. I'll appreciate any advice you can give po. Thanks mga bossing!
(10-27-2011, 12:01 PM)erds518 Wrote: 1. I really WANT to be an Long term INVESTOR... so i am planning mag COST AVERAGING METHOD for 10 years or more
2. My budget is not that big i can only start really small around 1500 per month
3. I opened an account for BPI trade because i can't afford COL for a start of 5000
4. I want to start early as possible for my age of 24
5. My planned Stocks to buy for Cost Average is as follows: GMA7, FPH, EURO, SMC, UBP

here is my question:
IS it advisable for me to even start investing?
is My Plan of COst averaging is attainable and profitable?
What's your opinion about BPITRADE?
and is my choises of stocks good enough

Hi erds! I think BPI Trade will be more than enough if you just want to invest long term (if you plan to day or swing trade, thats a different story)

as for your stock picks, may I ask why you chose them in particular?
and not to add more to the hay, but you might want to consider just buying a UITF which is like a stock index (but is actually a bank product).

yes, invest while you are young! start now but dont buy the moment you get hold of your money every month. wait for the dips.

dont be too hard on yourself if you dont get the lowest price, no one does! hahaha.

Trading Bias: Long term with some swinging
PD for Long Term: MPI, ALI, BDO and mining