MARKET HEADLINE: SHORT SELLING BY OCTOBER

*on buyback* RFM Corporation
Business Profile

RFM Corporation (the “Company”) is a major player in the food and beverage industry in the Philippines, specifically in the processing and manufacture of flour, flour-based products, milk and juice drinks, canned and processed meats, ice cream, and bottled mineral water.

The Company also operates non-food businesses, which include barging services (Rizal Lighterage Corporation), insurance brokerage (RFM Insurance Brokers, Inc.) and leasing of commercial and office spaces (Invest Asia Corporation).

Source: RFM Annual Report 2010

Analysis of Results of Operations

First quarter 2011 vs. First quarter 2010

Food and beverage firm RFM Corporation registered P100 million in net income for the first three months of 2011, down 27% from P138 million reported same period last year. The slowdown in performance can be attributed to rising commodity prices as well as escalating power and utilities cost resulting from political concerns in the Middle East and North Africa.

Saddled with a general softening of the market in many categories, coupled with the delayed start of summer, first quarter revenues remained flat at P1.98 billion. However, sales turnover of the flour-based group and Selecta ice cream remained resilient. New marketing campaigns have been launched during the quarter particularly for Selecta Ice Cream, Fiesta pasta, Selecta Milk, Sunkist (new Sunkist Litro) and Swift Canned Meat (Swift Corned Beef swak pack).

The Company maintains optimism as it focuses and leverages on the strengths of its core products. Selecta Ice Cream, a joint venture with world giant Unilever, is deepening its dominant market position with 66% market share, while the flour-based businesses led by White King Fiesta continues to improve it market position at 29% in the spaghetti pasta category.

Source: RFM Q1 2011 Financial Report
ASM on June 29, 2011.

Agenda:

1. Approval of the minutes of stockholders meeting last July 8, 2010 and special stockholders meeting last January 27, 2011.

2. President's Report for 2010 and Annual Audited FS.

3. Ratification of the acts of management and directors of the Corporation.

4. Election of Directors

5. Appointment of External Auditor

6. Other Matters

http://www.pse.com.ph/html/disclosure/pd...89_RFM.pdf

Attached Files Image(s)

Closed at 1.26 and RSI (Relative Strength Index) today is 24 nearing its year-to-date 2011 low RSI at 21 last Feb. 10, 2011. If RFM further breaks down to 1.25 intra-day low today in the next coming days, it will be my buying opportunity for an oversold stock and immediately sell on technical bounce.
hmm...and I remember din meron pang cash div part 2 pa pala 'to Smile. naipit nga lang ako nung part 1 hehe, though i got pang-lunch and some property div out of it naman.
Closed at 1.27. I am watching over this stock for trend reversal. RSI recovered at 28 today. I am waiting for its reaction when P6 corrects whether it will still go down further or be steady at 1.20+ level. Nearing 7 months downtrend for this stock since 1st week of November 2010.
(06-01-2011, 06:47 PM)Ruach Wrote: Nearing 7 months downtrend for this stock since 1st week of November 2010.

Whoa!
Price remains unchanged but volume increased today to 955,000.00 from 224,000 on June 1, 2011. Broker 217 - RCBC Securities has been buying RFM since May 27, 2011. So far the bottom intra-day the last three days is 1.25/share.

Daily RSI remains oversold. Are the sellers losing their power over RFM? RFM did not went down even if P6 (during the early part of trading) and DJIA was down yesterday. Under my close scrutiny and I am planning to buy shares soon as long as it is stabilized at this level and sell on rally.
Sold down heavily by DA Market Securities for 6M volume. Today's volume is 7.2M and today's RSI is 18 lowest YTD 2011.
Hi Ruach, I noticed the RSI, too. Today's close was the lowest since when, July 2010?
(06-07-2011, 12:48 PM)aiz Wrote: Hi Ruach, I noticed the RSI, too. Today's close was the lowest since when, July 2010?

14 daily RSI year 2008. I just asked somebody about it and that was the answer.
(06-07-2011, 01:22 PM)Ruach Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 12:48 PM)aiz Wrote: Hi Ruach, I noticed the RSI, too. Today's close was the lowest since when, July 2010?

14 daily RSI year 2008. I just asked somebody about it and that was the answer.

Wow. Pero yung 1.18 close, july 2010 naman yata. did you get in today? Wink