RSI Hint?
Hingi lang po ng tulong sa inyo ka-SMPipz!

kung ang RSI daily ng isang stock ay mataas na kaysa RSI weekly, ano po ang magiging movement nito sa price?
example:
case 1: RSI daily @ 63; RSI weekly @ 53 (both below oversold value)
case 2: RSI daily @ 80; RSI weekly @ 75 (both above oversold value)
case 3: RSI daily @ 71; RSI weekly @ 68 (daily above oversold while weekly below oversold value)

kung baliktad naman, RSI weekly ang mataas kaysa sa RSI daily, hahabulin ba ni daily ang RSI ni weekly? possibly price going high? Huh

THanks po winking
====================================
Get a Daily Stock Guide with
TheDailyHINT plus FREE Stock reports here!
hi, attempt lang to answer...

firstly, rsi is a bounded oscillator that relies on weighted average of gain and loss in prices. it never considers open and close prices that end the same for the day hence, rsi is bounded to zero and 100 all the time.

70 rsi is overbought and 30 rsi is oversold. but really dependent on the rate of change as well.

The best way to use it is to couple it with the divergence -bearish or bullish. its bearish if price is a gainand relative strenghth points downward, and bull if its the other way around. the weekly and the daily rsi just provides you a comparison of he same concept, that the daily is bearish and weekly is bullish just captures the average prices on the different time periods being considered.

in lay mans terminology, rsi is an indicator, but not all the time true, because it only captures price with out the volume vis-a-vis supply. hence, i use rsi only to see how the traders/investors see the value based on the sentiments of a bear or a bull indicative on the divergence.

formula for rsi is just the 100-100 (boundaries to zero) time the average loss over the average gain x ave gain plus ave loss. zero values are not included or when open price is the sameas closing price.
The most important part of your trades and investments shall be ---- what you think of your money, and how the others think about theirs.
RSI can also be used as support/resistance levels for your ishtucks Big Grin
buy high, sell higher!

stock market abbreviations (for newbies)
http://www.stockmarketpilipinas.com/post...g#pid11738

"when it comes to trading, i'm just barely smart enough to realize that i'm a total idiot. i might be considered stupid, but on the intelligence scale, it puts me comfortably ahead of all the dumber people who thinks they're better than me."

Thank you Merda At sir glen!

medyo malinaw na! salamat din sa pag correct, over 70 RSI overbought nga yon, baliktad kasi naisulat ko Shy

sana maayos ang pag analyze ko nito in my future trading..winking
Ingat sa RSi pwede ang isang stock mag hover ang RSI sa overbought levels for a number of periods bago ito bumaba especially if the stock is doing well. A good indicator for me is when i see a check mark ala letter "V". An inverted check on overbought levels might be a sign that the stock will head downwards while a check on oversold levels might be a sign that the stock will head upwards.
boss moyzee222, ano po ba dapat ang setting ng RSI? yong settings nyo po pwede ko ba malaman? Thanks..
kanya kanyang trip. i use 14d and 5d

try to use RSI with another overbought/oversold oscillator like STO para dalawa indicators mo para hindi ka prone sa whipsaws.
buy high, sell higher!

"when it comes to trading, i'm just barely smart enough to realize that i'm a total idiot. i might be considered stupid, but on the intelligence scale, it puts me comfortably ahead of all the dumber people who thinks they're better than me."

Thanks sir glenchuy! i did try to change, mag iba iba nga pala ang signal depende sa settings.Shy

Try ko din STO, kaso lang di ko alam ano ibig sabihin nung settings na yon (8,3,3 ang default settings). ang alam ko sa RSI (days, oversold, overbought), yong sa STO kaya? Rolleyes
sa STO depende rin sa settings mo e. usually 80 (and above) overbought, 20 (and below) oversold. tatlo din ang STO, fast , slow, at full (which i use). kanya kanyang trip din yan kung saan ka comfortable. Like RSI, you can also spot for divergences in the STO along with the price chart. Smile

you may also want to use williams (another oscillator - works like fast STO), very easy to use, -80 to -100 overbought, 0 to -20 oversold. Smile

buy high, sell higher!

dami salamat sir glenchuy! God Bless you po!

nakita ko nga po ito sa contents ng E-book na reward ni comm O sa akin (bday gift nya Big Grin joke), dami ko ng babasahin hehe