Successes and Failures are Parts of Trading. They are Not Permanent.

image host
1980's to present worth of csv files (thanks sir serval)
I have to make a new thread for this as there are certain things that needs to be pointed out as we are used to by having our csv files using PSEGET. If this is your first time downloading .csv files I strongly suggest you visit first the Pseget Historical Data from 1999 to present worth of csv files thread

I have to thank first and give credit to sir serval for mentioning this in the link. I was able to recreate what he has done and was able to convert the csv files to be able to share it to our community. Thread that gave me the information and you can find the tutorial and guide of sir serval in this link

For amibroker user I encourage you to make a new database for this ,Some worth noting are index symbol listed as ALL SHARES INDE as different to what we get from PSEGET but by merging the symbols all together will fix that, Also as mention by sir serval stocksplits from stock dividend, change of par value and etc. are already adjusted Smile

One important here that needs to be pointed out is that COL's data does not have value table information. So uploading this to our amibroker is different from how we upload our csv files from what we get from PSEGET. Here's how to upload this files in our amibroker using COL's csv files (Much simplier) ,but when you get a new data from PSEGET then you have to use the method on how to upload using PSEGET csv files (please refer to the other thread for this)

[Image: 1-1.png]

[Image: 2-1.png]

[Image: 3-1.png]

[Image: 4-2.png]

[Image: 5-1.png]

[Image: 6-1.png]

[Image: ea8e9a2517968a97f9d7d91ec2113ae8.png]
You can download COL's data from 1980's worth of csv files in this link
 photo TheDailyHINT01_zpsae8386eb.png
Wow Silime, this is great! Thank you very much! Ngayon ko lang nakita ito. hehe

A Big thanks to Boss serval Smile
It also pays to peek into the csv file first and check the date format if it's YMD, DMY or MonthDayYear MDY (which is usually the norm) to avoid errors and going through the export wizard again.

Thanks for the historical data. tyvm!
(09-02-2012, 09:14 AM)norrman Wrote: It also pays to peek into the csv file first and check the date format if it's YMD, DMY or MonthDayYear MDY (which is usually the norm) to avoid errors and going through the export wizard again.

Thanks for the historical data. tyvm!

Hello norrman,

Welcome to SMP! Please make a small introduction of yourself and write your initial post HERE!

Also, don't forget to update your avatar Smile

how can i convert the DATE into proper date in the file?
Bro maven21,

Please answer the following questions so we could help you:

1. Do you already have PSEGet Version 3.0?

2. What charting software are you using? The procedure described above is for exporting data from PSEGet to Amibroker.

Once, we hear from you we will do our best to provide assistance.
RESPONSIBLE TRADING, my Advocacy, means Practicing Self Discipline, Continuously Educating Yourself, Protecting your Capital at all Times and Taking Full Responsibility for your Trading Results.

MY TRADING PHILOSOPHY:
TRADING without FEAR, TRADING without GREED. GREED causes exposure to DANGER. FEAR causes missed OPPORTUNITIES.

MY TRADING RULES:
1. PROTECT YOUR CAPITAL at ALL TIMES. 2. TRADE to TRADE WELL not only for MONEY.
(09-14-2012, 01:23 PM)Ninjatrader919 Wrote: Bro maven21,

2. What charting software are you using? The procedure described above is for exporting data from PSEGet to Amibroker.

i used the file in amibroker and i also have the PSEGet3 v3 but im trying to create my own database in excel. ive been following your post and very inspiring kasi maka excel din ako. i hope you can help me building my database and analytics for stocks
(09-14-2012, 01:36 PM)maven21 Wrote:

i used the file in amibroker and i also have the PSEGet3 v3 but im trying to create my own database in excel. ive been following your post and very inspiring kasi maka excel din ako. i hope you can help me building my database and analytics for stocks

Bro maven,

Ok understood. What they are saying here is if you are using the format DD/MM/YYYY when downloading files to your PSE Get, you should also use the same format when you export the csv file to your Amibroker so you won't get any error message.

Regarding building a database in excel, are you familiar with building financial models? Simple excel formulas, that you relate to each other?
If so then building your database should be easy.

RESPONSIBLE TRADING, my Advocacy, means Practicing Self Discipline, Continuously Educating Yourself, Protecting your Capital at all Times and Taking Full Responsibility for your Trading Results.

MY TRADING PHILOSOPHY:
TRADING without FEAR, TRADING without GREED. GREED causes exposure to DANGER. FEAR causes missed OPPORTUNITIES.

MY TRADING RULES:
1. PROTECT YOUR CAPITAL at ALL TIMES. 2. TRADE to TRADE WELL not only for MONEY.
(09-14-2012, 01:43 PM)Ninjatrader919 Wrote:
(09-14-2012, 01:36 PM)maven21 Wrote:

Bro maven,

Ok understood. What they are saying here is if you are using the format DD/MM/YYYY when downloading files to your PSE Get, you should also use the same format when you export the csv file to your Amibroker so you won't get any error message.

Regarding building a database in excel, are you familiar with building financial models? Simple excel formulas, that you relate to each other?
If so then building your database should be easy.
i was referring to the 1985 file bro ninja under the DATE column i cant convert it to date format.

i used to work in a call center doing stat and analytics pero no finance involve more on performance but that was 2yrs ago kaya medyo nangalawang. ive done trial and error using the data from PSEGet(only have current month data) but it doesnt have the 52 weeks highs and low.

by the way, 2 weeks palang ako sa stock market bro but when i found SMP dami ko nalaman na marami pa pala ako dapat matutunan before i can really start trading/investing.
Bro maven,

Ok. Let's do this one by one.

1. Date Format. Just follow the instructions given above and you should be OK.

2. Trading knowledge. In my opinion, to be successful in trading you need the following: DISCIPLINE, KNOWLEDGE and CAPITAL.

I have done an extensive discussion on these in my previous posts. Just click my handle, then go to Ninjatrader919's Forum Info/Total Posts/Find all Posts and select the pertinent posts you want to read.

You are on the right track Bro. Do not be overeager to trade. You will have all the opportunity once you learn the basics. My suggestion is to start first with the Blue Chips. These stocks are properly marked on the Stocktrader's Lounge. Do not touch any of the penny stocks (we call them bazuras) unless you already have some experience with the blues.

I can see that you are on your way to becoming a Responsible Trader.

Welcome to the exciting world of trading and good luck on your learning journey.

MY TRADING PHILOSOPHY:

MY TRADING RULES: